Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Summer is Over

Every year, it's the same. Fourth of July comes and the next thing you know---Labor Day is barreling down at you.

HOWEVER, is this not even more reason to remain present, in the moment, not worrying too much about how the time is passing?

I have always been a bit time-passing obsessed.

I remember being a kid, maybe 5 or 6, and talking to my brother about "The Good Old Days."
Understandable, I guess, since we moved when I was 5 and I probably missed the old homestead.
But still, "The Good Old Days?"

I was terrified in my twenties, when my hair started to recede some, that I was going to be completely bald by 29. Wrong. I'm just a bit haggard all around, now.

And I, like others, do worry about getting old and dying. But WTF can you do about that, really? Except eat right, exercise, work well, have fun and love as best you can...  Face things as they come.

I will never read everything I want to read. I will never do everything I want to do.

Fact.

I now have exactly one minute to get over it.


No comments: