Monday, July 31, 2006

Traveling to The Great White North

Lucky for me, I enjoy going to Far Northern Idaho for the weekend. My in-laws (most of them) live in Sandpoint, Idaho...a beautiful mountain town snuggled against a forty-mile long lake.

And, also lucky for me, I enjoy the company of the Warings. A fun bunch with big hearts and good minds.

And the huge plus side of all the flying around over such a short period of time is: I had a wheely bag! Made by Charlie Sport and purchased in Jackson Heights, Queens, for thirty dollars. This is the first time in my adult life that a trip has ended and my shoulders are not killing me. I have oft eschewed the luggage on wheels. It just seemed so weak. And whenever you go to the restroom, there your wheels sit, on floors of piss. The shoulder duffel is not that kind of victim.

But dirty wheels are a small price to pay for happy shoulders.

1 comment:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Welcome home...

I had a luggage cart that I sed to use when I travelled...

But, as you know, when I travelled, I had trunks to tote along...

So my shoulder's hurt anyway.

BTW, we're getting your horrid heatwave from last week rolling into Hell's Kitchen today with temperatures in the 100 plus range...

Shoot me now.