Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Double Edged WiFi VooDoo

As the Santa Ana condition worsens and my head pounds like a pumpkin against a wrought iron gate, I sit at the computer and I wonder how my life got so wired.

Wanting to get more blog traffic, I set up a MySpace page and a Facebook Page with links to this blog.

Which is fine. That didn’t take long. But then---there you are—looking at your dog-ugly MySpace page compared with all the other ones that are covered with jewels, music and sometimes even fur you can feel.

I covet those pimped out electric calling cards and I want to dive deep into this world of fabulous cyber sunflowers. Yet one must, I don’t know, stop at some point?

There is all this life to be lived. And it needs to be lived with people, not with pages that are somehow linked to people.

However, I did already hook up with a performance venue in town through this MySpace thing. Although my blog is as sober looking as a book binding, I do enjoy a bit of the carnival.

I think, like everything else, one must limit one’s time going down the rabbit hole of the pulsing www. There is something lovely about organizing one’s life, publicly, for all to consume. But then there is privacy. I fear that people are not experiencing anything when they are private.

I meditate just five minutes each morning. When I do that, I feel so happy.

No comments: