Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Labor Day

Hello Friends.

How will you be spending your labor day weekend?

I hope it is something extraordinary.

I woke up this morning, turned on the computer and got the dreaded signal at the DOS prompt "Press Ctl-Alt-Delte to Start"

And when I did so, it just wouldn't start and the same message reappeared over and over "Press Ctl-Alt-Delte to Start". So, off to Best Buy to drop off the doorstop of a computer at The Geek Squad. One hopes they can get the bastard to boot up. If not, it's off to their signature location in Santa Monica where they will exhume the hard drive and charge me obscene amounts of money for a data recovery (I have not backed up in three months).

Sadly, my latest play of 132 pages is on there (I have not backed up in three months).

And all I ever do is tell people, YOU MUST BACK UP, ALWAYS! (I have not backed up in three months).

Friends. BACK UP. ALWAYS.

Have a lovely weekend.

1 comment:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Thanks for the back up reminder...

My computer keeps reminding me of that , too but there the external hard drive sits w/o being hooked up...

Problem is that my old computer data is on there and I can't seem to get it all off there because of the Microsoft vs. Firefox conflicts of proprietary rights thing that you have written about in the past...

Maybe, after a nap... I'll give it another try...