Friday, May 15, 2009

All Nighter

Hilarity?
Insanity?
Both?

I had a big emailing project to do and during the day, I cannot get anything done…emails and phones and things…work out…eat. It just takes over.

I’ve always been a late night person, but tonight took the cake.

Hitting the hay at 6:30 AM.

How did I do it? CAFFEINE! It so works. Three cups of Typhoo tea…honestly, I could walk to Montauk right now.

Lucky (or Unlucky) me---I am very affected by drugs. I take a swig of Nyquil, I’m out for eleven hours. I drink three cups of tea, I can stay up for twenty-four.

The one area where this is very positive is in avoiding alcoholism. I never got used to alcohol, still get pretty tanked on two glasses of wine, so I have been spared becoming an alcoholic and I am a notoriously cheap date.

But friends…staying up all night is fun. The dawn dawns. The birds chirp. It has been peaceful all night long with no interruptions and now---I get to sleep until at least noon.

I highly recommend it. Makes you feel like a kid again. And then, you can just relax the next day because you got all that stuff done.

I could see how you could really write a novel this way…in like three months.

I wonder if you would hit a wall?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Typhoo tea blows me all the way into next week on just one T-bag. See you in Montauk!

Mother/Judith