Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful as Hell

Please have a wonderful time this Thanksgiving week with family and-or friends or alone if you choose! I know some people love to be alone.

I have had a great life…and before I commit suicide, I just want to say---

Okay, let’s try this again.

I have had a great life and I would like to say I am grateful for:

Kevlar
Q-Tips
Pasta
France
My Martin Guitar
Artichokes
My friends from High School, College, Acting School, writing classes, my twenties in New York, friends from LA, my new friends in New York, my friends all over the country, my family, my dead dog.
My father having had the audacity to open a bicycle shop in the ‘70’s
Cheap TJ wine
California
Joni Mitchell
Imperfect Democracy
Theatre
Sean Penn
Joan Didion
Nanny
Tufts
Facebook
Computers
Macaroni and Cheese
Meryl Streep
Scotland
Ireland
Oceans
Biology
Fuel efficient cars
Mary, Jeff, Anne, Noel, Margot, Bradford, Noel, Karen, Tecia
Upstate New York
New York City
Virginia Woolf
Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Suffern
Sarah and Jeff
Dan and Leslie
Gary
The Neighborhood Playhouse
The Periodic Table of Elements
Fermi
Noam Chomsky
T.S. Elliot
Richard Ford
My producers
My agent
My Yamaha electric piano
My Baldwin Hamilton piano
My Los Angeles kitchen
My studio apartment in Queens
Adam, always Adam, Adam
Weather
The Weather Channel online
The Ramapo River
George
Janet, Don, Sally & Greg
West Coast Ensemble
The Production Company
Lyda
Kevin
Todd
Palm Springs
Yosemite
Big Sur
Joshua Tree
Oregon
Canada
New Jersey
Obama
Hillary
Bill
Hewlett Packard
Megan, always Megan
Adam’s family, all of them
Cribbage
Cigarettes, when necessary
Good Musicals
Music theory
Voice lessons
Simple food
Legs
Walking
The George Washington Bridge
The Hollywood Hills
South Beach
Paris
Paris
Paris
Germany
The Enlightenment
Chardin
Ionesco
Albee
Woody Allen
Lanford Wilson
Chekov
Aaron Copland
Ravel
Faure
Debussy
Satie
The Pompidou
Kathy K and Stacy K
Henry and Zoe
Expensive Chocolate
Flowering trees
Sweet dogs
Funny cats
Yonkers
The Middle Class
Fat people and Smoke people (Plays)
Suburbia
Urbania
Bucolica
Salt
Spinach
Cheese
Pizza
Beans
Soup
Overcast days
Nudity
Dancing
Picasa
Accounting
Rogaine
Cheap imitation Claritin
Canada Pharmacy
Physical Therapy
Allergy Shots
Hair dye
The gym
The Hudson River
Santa Monica
Book shelves
Blankets
Chairs
Tables
Air






This blog entry, and more like it, is from www.opentrench.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, no Jesus? Mother/Judithdrocunru

mkm said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! Jersey? Baltimore? Where?
see you so soon.xoxoxoxoxox

Don Cummings said...

We are in wild Baltimore, Mary!

It's beautiful and homey and fun.