Monday, September 20, 2010

Obama's Sleeves

I wonder what Obama is going to pull out of his sleeve. He needs to do it soon. Not just because of the upcoming elections, but because people need things to change.

Now---it could be perfect for him. Things might simply swing around during the next year and by the next presidential election, voilá pour lui.

Mais, maintenant?

Okay, enough with the French. And I like France. I like the easy healthcare and the free tuition. I benefited from it once upon a time.

If there were enough people in this country, if the percentage was high enough, we could have the easy free healthcare and the easy free college tuition. Wouldn’t that be great?

Is Obama, on some level, happy to let things get bad enough economically so that people will ultimately be screaming for more government intervention?

Just asking.

And I would be fine with more government. But just as Bushface lied about W.M.D., I do not want to be lied to about the larger economic plan of this administration. Not that I’m a conspiracy theorist, mind you.

Now, President B. O. might simply understand that what smells bad today will easily clear out for fresher, richer days ahead. And he is just smiling, with that winning smile, waiting for the natural tide to turn. I hope so.

2 comments:

40licious said...

I think maybe we have to stop placing hope in other people and focus on the micro-picture.

Don Cummings said...

You are probably completely right, Licious!