Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring List

Sometimes, you want to get all clever when you blog, grab onto an attitude and then “go for it.”

I have noticed in my, yes, seven years of blogging (it feels like seven months, but then, I have no concept of time) that people relate more to the things that are less thought out and more to the stuff that is off the cuff.

Of course, it’s because people are DYING for honesty of any kind. And honesty happens more frequently when you are not so well thought out.

With that introduction, I bring you one of my “lists” that really has no need for introduction.

1)      As much as I like warm days in late winter, I prefer it when the temperature is 48 degrees and it’s a little misty. It feels fresh, like Paris, and the light is so good. More of that cool mist, please.

2)      As we are raising money for our indie short, BOX, I cannot believe how quickly and generously people have jumped up and jumped in. I am so grateful. Money may not be love---and it sure is, partially, time---but really, it’s faith. I am so honored that people have faith in what we are doing. Thank you.

3)      And now, I feel highly responsible to use those dollars wisely. So I don’t sleep. But this is not to push around any bad feelings. I never sleep. Until I do.

4)      I love the daffodils in Central Park. Not only because they are a jaunty yellow, but also because of their impermanence and their yearly reappearance.

5)      I never had children and I simply don’t care.

6)      I mean it.

7)      Jesus Christ Superstar is back on Broadway. I remember hearing that album for the first time. My father got it for free from some General Motors work thing. I loved it. The dissonance and exuberance. I can’t wait to see it again. I played certain songs over and over. My high school choir teacher was the original Mary Magdalene with Ben Vereen when it started in Philadelphia. She says she quit the play because she wanted to be a teacher. ___________  Fill in that blank. I was at a wedding ceremony once at the Hotel Bel-Air. Ben Vereen officiated.

8)      I love my husband. But that’s only because he’s so loveable.

9)      Come on Ugandan Episcopalians! Do something else!

10)   I wonder why Conservatives are so regressive in the name of fiscal austerity and personal morality. Poor dears. I understand not wanting to waste money. I understand doing the right thing.  So why did we spend all that money invading countries and killing all those people? And for the first time in history, lowered taxes instead of raising them while we did the killing?

1 comment:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

It's been Seven years? Stop it.