Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Oh, to Die in Oregon!: Death Wish with Goobers

Congratulations to our neighbors just north of us. Just think, now Lewis and Clark types can actually choose when they want to roll over in their graves.

Why not die when you want to die? Like I did tonight, while watching the movie Cache. Paying attention to the great reviews, we sallied on up there and plunked down our good American greenbacks for this French "thriller". I wish I had a bag of lethal drugs to end my misery. But all I had was my box of Goobers.

It starts off so promising. Totally French and gorgeous and simple. With great actors who really do some amazing acting throughout. And if you like static visual delights, it really is pretty cool. But man, mes amis, nothing ever really comes to fruition. It's all opaque and will not land. All I could think was, "Give me a big square state and a shot of sodium pentothal and put me out of my misery!"

2 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I would have left. I find I'm walking out of things, changing channels, and casting aside magazine articles with more and more frequency these days...

Rebecca Waring said...

Me too! About the walking out. It's a mid-life thing for me. I'm not wasting ONE MORE MINUTE so this better be good.