Wednesday, February 06, 2008

So, It Wasn't So Super

Can Hillary and Obama just keep splitting, splitting, splitting, with no end in sight?

Interesting.

I would be happy with either one. I think many other Democrats feel the same way. Please, oh Lord, please, just make it a Democrat for president.

Interestingly, I have heard and I kind of agree with the idea, that perhaps Obama against McCain assures a Democratic win…since Obama is so young and ready and McCain is such a geezer. Hillary won’t provide this ageist contrast.

On the other hand, Obama, while sparkly and charismatic, could end up alienating the middle. At least that’s what I fear. Obama fever could well take over the country, OR, it could backfire and he could lose miserably against McCain.

No crystal balls here. I do hope we get the exact president we deserve. These days, we deserve a real good one. We’ve endured the absolute worst.

Full disclosure: I voted for Hillary…because I think we need a pragmatic Wart Hog. I think Hillary’s the Wart Hog that can get the job done. Though I do hope it’s with Barak by her side. Together, they can fix this wretched hole of a country. And if it’s Barak as President with Hillary as Cheney, well, I’d be thrilled with that, too.

3 comments:

Rebecca Waring said...

So far, the middle seems to be going for him. He won handily in Idaho, of all places. Of course, there are only 2 Democrats there - and I think they are my Mom and Dad.

I'm voting for Obama. I love Hillary and I will be thrilled if she wins. I think she deserves it. But......their platforms and qualifications seem quite similar to me and all else being equal - I actually feel hopeful for America when I hear Obama speak. I'd forgotton what that feels like.

Anonymous said...

we got so many calls and handbills and mailings from Obama's bunch before Super Tuesday that I began to feel uneasy. After all, in the 30s the Germans were ecstatic every time Hitler gave a speech. It's a fever people can catch. And we stayed home from the caucus. It was snowing hard and had been since noon. So Hillary did not get our 2 votes.

Mother/Judith

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Yeah, I pretty much have "to turn this over to a power greater than myself", because it makes me nuts!