Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Like Something Out of Mame

We need a little Christmas?

Like in the scene from Mame, we fired our maid today. Partially because we no longer need her since all the dirty pets are dead, partially because I will be spending much more time in New York and mostly because we don’t want to spend the money. I hope she does not end up like Agnes Gooch, Mame’s maid, pregnant from a one night stand in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania.

She has been with us for fourteen years.

We all cried. She knew something was up when she came into the house.

We like her so much. We’ll just have to have her come over and hang out. You think that will happen? Can that happen? Can you just be friends with your former maid?


Here’s Lucille Ball, turning her freshly fired maid into a Christmas tree.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never been able to treat my "maids" as anything but a friend. I'm emailing with my latest. The drawback is that they don't clean very well. Mother/Judith

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Time to move on...