Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It Gets So Late

Something about being in New York but still sort of living in California that makes a man unclear about his time zone.

I don’t mind so much. I’ve always been a night person. Actually, in New York, I am even more nighty because it gets real quiet and that’s how I like it.

Funny, I am so sound sensitive and it has little to do with my ears. It’s the larger problem of taking in energy. Whatever is happening outside of me, I simply take it in and it resonates in me. I guess this is my “artistic sensitivity.” But one would like a little more control over when that kind of thing comes in.

I actually don’t want to shut off this inflow. And I don’t want to control it. But it gets to be a bit much at times. So the best I can do is to limit the volume coming at me. Staying up late helps.

And if you don’t drink, you can get a lot done.

I am back at my book. (Thanks Noel and Moose Purse).

So much traveling around, lately. It feels great to sit and focus. To construct and edit.

Time expands. Experience is full and very internal and grounding.

Things become clear.

1 comment:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

"And if you don’t drink, you can get a lot done".

You just said a shot glass full of wisdom!