Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What I Skip Whenever I Read the Paper

Iraqi Dead.
Iranian Dead.
No more than one business article, too grim.
Sports.
Music Reviews.
Local Murders.
Letters to the editor.
Obituaries.
The dying journalism trade.

When I look at this list, it tends toward the dead. I don’t want to read too much about the dead and the dying.

I miss the Los Angeles Times of 1999. It was so funny and snarky back then. Now, I only read the New York Times and whatever little feeds end up on Google Mail that interest me.

Also, let’s face it, the Righties are right…newspapers, in general, skew to the left in this country. There is not so much to attack when your hero is in office.

Feels like I can get through the New York Times online in fifteen minutes. Except for Sunday, of course.

So now we have time for other things.

If I were to run into this blog post (which is about journalism), I wouldn’t read it!

No comments: