Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Ninety Minute Flu

I got my flu shot today.

A few hours later, I had that awful flu shot feeling. You know how it is. You feel like you have the flu for a couple of hours? A mild flu.

Feeling sick is interesting. It’s the vulnerability thing. I can swing quite wide between being the strongest-guy-ever to the saddest-little-lamb. It was interesting to have the lamby feeling take over for a little while. I do not mind. There is a warmth to vulnerability and a naturally rising compassion.

One wonders, at the call of death, if the vulnerability will be so great---that that will be the prize.

2 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Well, I had a real bad cold a few days after my very first flu shot ever... My doctor sez it's just a coincidence... Hm?

Joe Jubinville said...

"...the lamby feeling." :-)

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." the first of the blessings that rocked the world.