Monday, March 02, 2015

I Have Reached A New Realm: I Am a Tesla Coil


It has become so dry and cold and my fleece blanket is so electron generous that every time I touch anything metal or even water, the shock is enough to make all the ample hair on my arms stand on end.

This would be fine if I was looking for a thrill...but really, I just want to eat a dried apricot or drink a glass of water.



This, naturally, led me to read about Tesla coils. But really, I don't exactly understand how they work. This does not need to stop any of us from building one.

Instructions here:

http://hacknmod.com/hack/how-to-build-your-own-tesla-coil/

Good luck.

In the meantime, as moisture comes in, the electrons on earth will have something to cling to instead of me and so the shocks will be less shocking.


No comments: