Thursday, June 09, 2005

The Early Bird is Filled with Worms

Adam and I are going to be taped very early tomorrow morning in our house for the What's Your Gay I.Q.? segment of the new show 30 Days with Morgan Spurlock.

Tomorrow morning is a rise and shiner at 7:30 AM. As my friend Megan said to me yesterday, "Doesn't Morgan realize who I am?"

I am reminded of the two things I most disliked about acting:

1) You have to get up early.
2) You have to worry about what you're going to wear.

I jumped out of bed this morning before ten just so I could get used to the shock of what tomorrow is going to be like...it wasn't pretty.

But the house is clean, there's coffee cake ready for the visitors and tomorrow night we're going to the ponies for a birthday bash with Bart.

If I knew being gay was going to be such an early morning chore, I might have thought twice about it. But I'll do it for Dorothy and for the guys at Stonewall and for the millions of gay people in our country. I mean, we have to infiltrate the media as much as possible to show all these scared lunatics who are afraid of gay people that we're not monsters...

Tune in Monday.
Will the crew break the Peruvian lamps? Will the producer raid the medicine cabinet in search of Vicodin? Will Morgan be annoying and phobic or just another goofy guy trying to make a buck in reality television? How puffy will I be at 8AM? I think I already know the answer. A cucumber, a cucumber, my sexual orientation for a cucumber!

3 comments:

Dan said...

Boy, if the agony of a 7:30 call doesn't shake you from your lifestyle, you must be committed to this gay thing.

Take photos.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I just spent twenty minutes on my DVR trying to find this show on Monday's schedule on FX...

Help !?!?!?!

Don Cummings said...

Tune in Monday means...tune into my blog on Monday. Oof. Sorry.