Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Don't Resist Homer

Tonight, I took my nephew and his girlfriend to see The Simpsons Movie. Go. It’s really funny.

Is there any need to talk about it?

Okay, everyone knows the characters. Worldwide.

The story about the EPA taking over the town by covering it with a dome is confusing, unless, I guess, Fox thinks the EPA is totalitarian. Okay, maybe they do.

Who cares. It’s all about the gags. The gags are sustained at a dense level throughout the movie. I just sat there and smiled for an hour and a half. State of bliss. Go, be happy.

4 comments:

Dan said...

I loved it too. The best part about it was sharing Simpsons humor with a room full of fans.

I didn't see it as Fox's mistrust of EPA, more that the writers picked up on the how our current junta has forstered a cloud or mistrust for all government agencies.

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud at this movie.

Very rare for me.

Todd HellsKitchen (on my mobile device).

Don Cummings said...

I THINK DAN's GOT IT FIGURED OUT!

Anonymous said...

I'll see the movie. But I can't help feeling that I'm going to leave depressed -- knowing that the actors probably received over a million bucks for a couple hours work to record it. Why can't I land a cartoon that becomes a cultural phenomenon as well???!!!!

DK