Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I Was Concerned

Okay, look, I wanted Hillary. I've said it before, I'm saying it now.

This is the deal with President Obama, in my humble opinion: the dude is ALL over the place! Sure, he's smart...but get some shit DONE.

One thing I like about Republicans (and I even admired it in Lunatic GW) is that they take action. Sure---it could be wrong. Sure, it WAS wrong. But, there wasn't all this dithering.

Now, I think there should be some dithering. And this is why I am a moderate Democrat. But at some point, stop the fucking dithering and finish it up!

I only say this because I think Obama could have gotten in there with the health care thing, sooner, with a big sack of black nuts, and said,"Dudes, we are finishing this by January 15 'cause there's a special election a-brewin' in Massachusetts."

I mean, there's always a clock ticking. Always. You don't have the luxury of playing around forever, making sure everyone likes you, while the Huns are looking to replace a solidly Democratic chair with a Republican one.

To my Republican friends---look, you are apples to my oranges...and I don't fully understand your world view. But I do understand your disgust with mamby-pamby liberals. I share that disgust. Obama--put down that neatly wrapped bunch of arugula and finish up this job, pronto.

Worse case scenario, I guess I can go sign up at Kaiser. I mean, they yanked out my appendix for ten bucks back in '98. And I lived. And no scarring. But damn! There aren't good Kasiers all over the country. And there should be...or something, or, I don't know, or Haiti, or climate change, or wars in two countries, or a surprise 46 year old birthday party, or here-come-the-gays-to-the-supreme-court for their equality.

Oh Obama---don't be a Carter redo. I can’t stand the thought of a Reagan redo.

1 comment:

Rebecca Waring said...

Wasn't it Congress who dithered? They dithered Obama's healthcare plan into nothingness. So I don't even care if it passes anymore.