Thursday, January 14, 2010

Myers-Briggs Time

Oh Come ON! Every five years or so, isn’t it fun to take The Myers-Briggs Personality Test?

It’s free. Just over 70 questions, yes or no. Just jump in and do it. It’s better than some silly Cosmo Quiz. (And, yes, dahlings, you are pleasuring your man correctly.)

No matter how many times you take this test, the results are almost always the same. I’ve been an ENFP since day one. Extraverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiver. (The exact opposite would be Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Judging). I once read a funny chat about a woman who was dating “According to Myers-Briggs scores-compatibility.” She said she really didn’t like dating ENFP men (teachers-writers-counselors-film producers) because they are always crying!

But of course, what this is all about is figuring out what you should DO with your life…which I kind of know already. They use this test to help people figure out their careers. But affirmation is enjoyable. As is procrastinating.

Enjoy yourself. You might as well. Be honest. See what famous people have your same type. Read about your type in depth. It’s all free. It’s better than horoscopes. It’s self indulgent. But what the fuck! You’re an American. That’s how you roll.

Myers-Briggs Personality Test

Let me know your results. I bet I can guess.

More info at wikipedia

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

ISFP, as always

Morher/Judith

Rebecca Waring said...

This is funny - I was just in Miami with an old gal-pal of mine last weekend and we both took it. I was an INTJ for years and years. Now I'm an INFJ. I think it has made me a better person. Those INTJs are nuts.

Unknown said...

total bullshit. according to this study I should be in engineering management and I should think about a natural science education.

Wait.

Don Cummings said...

You totally self involved pigs! I knew you'd do it. Okay---I just read your profiles...and they make such sense. Jeff---what are your call letters? ESTP?
Mother Judith--Of course. Always and forever. (And you've never knitted me ANYTHING?)
Rebecca---It's nice when a T turns into an F. It's like going from Asperger to Schizo. Welcome.

Unknown said...

INJT. Only assholes change from that.

From http://typelogic.com/intj.html

...many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals

Don Cummings said...

Hey Jeff---munch out on another ass burger.

Anonymous said...

So, Don, what would you like me to Knit?? No promises------

Mother/Judith

Tandava (Carol Henning) said...

INFP according to the test.... but sixteen years of Jungian analysis says INTP ... go figure.

Don Cummings said...

WEll Judith--a scarf? Brown, Navy, Green, Maroon.

How sweet. But you really don't have to. But if you do---cotton is always nice.

Unknown said...

Rebecca, we are also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastermind_(role_variant).

We may be self-involved assholes, but Gandalf was one of us. You dissin' on the G-man?

Don Cummings said...

I think Rebecca is dissing the G man.

Rebecca Waring said...

No! No! I love the G Man! I'm guessing that most of the several hundred people (mostly men) that I stood in line with for the midnight premiere of LOTR were INTJs.

Somehow I don't think he lends much credence to Myers-Briggs though....being fictional and all.

mkm said...

ENFJ??? DOES THAT SEEM RIGHT?
i must be judgmental from all tha catholic school.

Don Cummings said...

Well, I poked around the interweb, Mary,---and I did a search for ENFJ…you have to do the same.
I don’t know…if it sounds like you.