Monday, May 24, 2010

Exercise

Why do we resist it? I mean, you exercise and everything gets better. Your mood. Your self esteem. Your body. Especially mine. I am one of those lucky people who—as soon as I work out---I have instant muscle tone and a natural growth of the stuff. And yet---I would rather sit like veal on a loaf of bread than get up the gumption to exercise.

Additionally, when you exercise, you end up getting all this natural regulation with your metabolism so naturally, you reach less for caffeine or wine to push you up or down.

Frankly, and yes, I am mostly speaking like some guy named Frank, frankly, the resistance to exercise is sort of medieval and a form of not being evolved. I hate to denigrate myself, but someone has to do it!

So I am stating publicly---I am going to exercise three times, possibly four, every week. And if I don’t, well, I don’t.

And lots of water.

Does anyone besides me, when they are working out and drinking a lot of water and losing weight, end up getting darker? Like you look tan? I swear, it’s some sort of fat-breaking-down thing going through the blood that makes me appear this way. Or something.

I usually do not talk about body stuff on my blog. It seems very aerobics-1989 to do so. And maybe a bit, I don’t know, girly? But I felt a need to go public. I have been such a sloth.

No comments: