Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Men Who Hate Women)

Go see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Lucky for me, I have an insistent and good tasted Recognized-by-the-State-of-California-Domestic-Partner-sister-in-law, who chided us into attendance.

Good that she chided!

Friends, it’s so interesting, this Swedish movie. And I didn’t even read those books.

Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth Salinger, COME ON! She’s fantastic and no American gum chomper will ever come close.

Why won’t Americans sit through subtitles?

I understand. They’re annoying. It isn’t as enjoyable.

Go see this before it leaves the theatres. Or netfilx it, etc. Completely worth it.

Sure, it’s a whodunit at the end of the day, so we’re not looking at a new kind of story. But at least there’s a push into good characters.

Friends, these are trying times for entertainment. Catch this one.

3 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

This has become a bit of a phenom... Aren't there several of these books now?? Though I am not familiar... No sister-in-laws to drag me, either...

Rebecca Waring said...

I'm so glad you saw it! The books (I've read the first two) are a good beach-read. Not great literature. But the movie was great - especially that lead actress. Sort of Ingmar Bergmanesque. Dark, edgy with this fantastic lead character. See it before the cheesy American version ruins it.

Don Cummings said...

And the Swedish Sequel is OUT! Let's see it!