Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hump Day Happenings

No more Iraq war. And people are less than grateful with their response.

Of course there’s still violence there.

Hurricane Earl, don’t you get near the airports on Monday, please.

Hot enough in New York? I’m so use to it. Strange.

I don’t understand the expression use-to-it.

I still have trouble with garlic.

I still like cults and serial killers. The plasticity of the monkey mind, you know…

Big news---today is S’s birthday.

And K arrives in New York tomorrow for three months of TV toil. Fun!

Isn’t it awful when people use initials only?

I’m reading Eat, Pray, Love. Don’t ask me why.

I should write the shadow version: Hog, Beg, Fuck.

Has anyone else besides me had enough viewing time of Grandin Temple online?

Where DO the children play?

September 1 is still summer. Don’t let the “ber” part fool you.

Dogs. People love their dogs. And they should.

I have no problem with Spanish---I just wish people wanted to speak English at my gym.

It’s only because I get sweaty and lonely there.

If horses were beggars, riders would wish.

Remember geometry proofs? I was always bad at them. Shook my confidence.

Puppets are something we should know more about.

3 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Puppets? Hm.

Rebecca Waring said...

I always thought it was 'get used to it'.

From www.phrases.org.uk:

Get used to it
Meaning

Accept that a particular state of affairs is inevitable.

Origin
This began to be used as a single sentence, with the meaning - 'that's how things are; accept it', from around the early 1990s in the USA. Here's an early example, from a report of a Gay Pride march in Washington, USA, in April 1993, by Simon Tisdall in The Guardian:

"'We're queer, we're here. Get used to it,' said T-shirts worn by some of the marchers..."

Don Cummings said...

You know---I originally typed GET USED TO IT.