Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Animals

Look, I read the Michael Moore emails.

And yes, he is right. Something like 2 people in this country have the same wealth as the next 100 million. Okay, I exaggerate a little.

But really---it’s not the fault of the corporations and the monster Wall Street people and the Health Care lobby. Basically, it’s the fault of the culture. We are simply a culture of people who believe in wealth. At all costs.

This is taught from birth.

So how can we blame anyone for being wildly greedy in the United States of A?

The monkey mind is plastic. It becomes what it is taught. Also, there are rapacious monkeys. So sometimes it’s even natural. Do we fight all this? Yeah, yeah, fight.

The next truth is---I hate fighting.

I throw up my primate arms and go, “Well, I’ll just quietly eat my banana over here. Well, not really quietly, but with the awareness that the one banana, at this moment, is enough.”

I don’t know even one of the richest monkeys. If I met her-him on the side of the road, I probably would think it was a different species.

Keep fighting, Michael M. I can’t do it.

No comments: