Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Bat Shit Housewives

I do understand why women of yore went a little batty and could not focus. The men went out and did their focused work in the world and the women did everything else. In order to do everything else you have to pay attention to everything. This paying attention to everything makes you a little batty.

To boot, and I mean that in the older way, not in the press-the-button-on-your-computer-1990’s-way, these women were underappreciated, which made them not only batty but also angry-mad, or perhaps even a bat out of hell.

Luckily, my Recognized-by-the-State-of-California-Domestic-Partner is grateful for my multitasking days. So I do not get angry. But I do get batty.

And I don’t even have to drive kids anywhere or take grandma to dialysis.

I have these little fantasies about having everything DONE so then I can just write and focus on making it all as good as I can. But then if I had everything done, how on earth would I procrastinate?

Meditation. Time for it.

1 comment:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Meditation is good.