Thursday, October 05, 2006

Doubt

I will be very succinct about Doubt.

Cherry Jones is something else. To see her do this thing that she does, go.

The play, I don’t know. The conceit seems to eat up the humans. A bit too constructed for me. But then, I’m in transition right now. The dialogue...incredible. JP Shanley has an amazing ear.

The director, Doug Hughes, a perfect touch.

If you live in LA, go see it. Honestly, there is so much power. Kind of hit-you-in-the-stomach stuff.

Again, Cherry Jones...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I was gratefulto catch her in the original Bway production... a brilliant performance!

She was also the strongest performance in the film Cradle Will Rock a few years ago. Completely.

Rebecca Waring said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.