Tuesday, October 10, 2006

October 10, 1980

Today was an amazing day. I had physics, then I cut calculus and went to lunch. Everyone went home this weekend but me, John and Pam---a friend of Pam’s came up. So—me and John went to BU, we took his sister’s car- on the way there we turned into trolley tracks and the car was stuck, a tow truck pulled us out. We went down a one way street the wrong way- we finally got there and overly partied. We hung out on a grass spot near the river. It was so cool. Dorian was totally out of it. We finally left - It was raining hard, and we got a second flat (we got the first in the trolley tracks) and when we went to turn into the gas station we went over a 3 foot curb. We parked the car – we didn’t have a dime, we got one – lost it in the phone – I had to stop a car to get another dime. We called his sister to call a cab. WE didn’t even know where we were – so eventually what happened was we saw a cab – we hailed it down – and we were on our back to Tufts at 2 A.M. That was the best $7 I ever spent. On a cab. It felt good to be back. Goodnight.


I remember this night very well. John was a huge pothead from Cleveland. Dorian was from New Jersey. I worked with her at a 7-Eleven the summer before I went to college. She was a year older than me and had all sorts of friends. I went down to BU to see her a couple of times. Turns out, she was such a huge drug fiend, I couldn’t keep up.
The hilarity of that night, though. I mean, what really happened was the tracks for the trolley weren’t even there...it was really these grooves in cement where the tracks should have been. John made a left into the tracks. He was stoned. The tires of the car fell into the grooves of where the tracks should have been. And the chassis of the car just fell flat onto the cement slab. When you hit the gas, the wheels just spun in the track grooves.
And of course everything just kept getting worse with the passing of joints and time.

No comments: