Thursday, June 25, 2009

Look--It Rains in June

People are getting pretty upset about all this rain in the Northeast. But I remember June being one of those rainy months in New York. Pretty much always. Boston, too, naturally.

One June, back in the day, I stayed on in Boston to take some extra courses to maybe finish college early. My good friend, Ed, and I sublet a room from a fraternity and we buckled down to submit to two courses of Organic Chemistry. We were serious pre-med. It rained every day. It was freezing cold. We lasted five days and we quit. Drove that yellow AMC Hornet Station Wagon back home.

We graduated with everyone else. We didn’t shave off any time from the normal four years.

Rain slows you down. Good. Why not? It’s good to slow down. And who wants to cram down two levels of Organic Chemistry, anyway? –In any kind of weather…

1 comment:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I like rain, too... It slows me down and makes me more introspective, and more likely I'll sort the underwear drawer!