Wednesday, June 03, 2009

One Small Manipulation for Man, One Giant Help for Mankind

Obama is going on about telling the truth. Great. Good. Tell it. Especially in the Middle East. But I believe he is being a little dishonest with this Health Care Plan. Let’s face it. If there is a national health plan competing with private insurance companies, don’t you think it will put those companies out of business?

With the economies of scale, is it not possible that the government can simply wipe out Anthem Blue Cross, Healthnet, you name it?

Look, I hope it does. I am not going to pretend I like Anthem. In fact, I have NEVER been able to get private insurance coverage because of my silly allergies. If it wasn’t for my Recognized-by-the-State-of-California-Domestic-Partner having insurance through work, I would have had huge troubles.

So, a pox on Anthem and all the other companies that denied me insurance because I have the most common allergies known to man (cat, dust, mold, pollen). I will be happy to see them go down.

But to pretend that a system backed by the government will not put these beasts out of business and that it will only bring about healthy competition? I think Obama and the Democrats are telling half-truths. Spinning things, if you will.

I do see a day when all health care will be under the purview and care of the Feds. So be it. The fear that it will be inferior and all this talk (by Mitt Romney, etc.) comparing UPS to USPS and pretending UPS is superior because it is not owned by the government is such hogwash. In fact, I think the USPS works better, even if their workers do not get to wear those jaunty little brown outfits.

So bring on full federally backed health care. Sure, you sneaks. Do it.

No comments: