Tuesday, October 26, 2010

To Fight

Our apartment in Queens has gone into contract. This means---we have sold the apartment and now we shoot toward closing.

What held it up was the buyer’s lawyer. A litigator (and why our buyer chose an old litigator instead of a real estate lawyer is just silly)---held things up for a bit.

Fighters like to fight. What I have learned from my entire East Coast experience is that I really have no interest in fighting. Frankly, I think it’s stupid.

And really, when it comes to closing out a deal, it always happens when people are NOT fighting.

Why all this fighting? Everyone comes out ahead in this transaction. There truly is no need to fight.

What an old world aesthetic.

Silly.

When do people let go of all that?

Onward. The world is opening up.

2 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Onward and upward...

40licious said...

The thing that I do not miss about NY is the apartment angst. I looked at a perfectly lovely place on the upper, upper West Side a couple years ago. One BR railroad. Odd skinny kitchen. Beautiful sunny window, steps to Riverside Park. $3,300. That is insane. Way too insane. It makes me miss NY even more and the apt at 221 W. 82nd St, where I grew up, and I will never ever let go that my dad sold it for a pittance. I think I need a Peptol-Bismol now.