Sunday, January 02, 2011

Go Back to Being Yourself

It’s time. Go back to being yourself.

I walked up to Columbus Circle in unseasonably spring weather and while passing the entrance to the Time Warner Mall, an older woman asked if I was alone, did I live in New York, would I like to come to her place to talk, to work, you know, to chat, to work.

So, she wanted me to come over to her place and she would pay me for something.

I could barely comprehend it. I went up into the park, the initial intention, and then I swung back around. I wanted to see what she was up to. Was she hawking other men?

If she was at 9:00 on Columbus Circle, I climbed back around at 8:30, looking to see if she was hitting up other guys. I didn’t see her.

People do these things for intimacy. I am surprised that it happens right on the pavement.

2 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Reminds me of the time a very elderly lady approached me near there for a friendly chat and then bluntly and clearly made a pass at me... It weirded me out for weeks...

Anonymous said...

Song Title: Me (pop)
Subject: a song delivering the message; "live your life & love yourself"
Video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IQ9Q3ZALow