Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Two Years Later

Today, a television arrived at our apartment, this forty-two inch Vizio wireless LED thing. It is quite something.

I know I have been behind the TV times. In fact, during the last two years I have not owned a television, watching Hulu and Netflix on my laptop and surviving, easily.

But it was time.

Now we have to get one of those low lying pieces of furniture. Coffin or canoe? You decide.

What a spawned out industry.

In five years, when this hunk of plastic, glass, metal and who-knows-what-else is worth six dollars, I will wonder what we were thinking.

Until then, I guess I will be spending much less time at the movies, much more at home. This is how it goes.

Why not just put in the IV drip, catheterize all openings and plunge in a feeding tube?

Could happen.

As a child, I watched very little television. I do not know why it never caught my fancy. I had “my shows” but really, they were not many.

I did love the HBO and Showtime things that were great and long lasting.

I miss the Bill Clinton days.

No comments: