Thursday, December 01, 2005

Stop the Presses!

Is it due to the negative hype or is it really true?

The LA Times just sucks. I mean, it used to be that you could get up in the morning and read this fun, snarky, liberal, informed newspaper and you felt good to live in Los Angeles.

Now, since the Chicago Tribune got a hold of it, reading this rag has become a very bland task-- not unlike perusing USA Today.

I hate it. The sound of the paper hitting the sidewalk is deadening. Where have all the writers gone?

I see a 63% possibility of cancellation in our future.

4 comments:

Dan said...

I know, it bites.

You can read all about what's going on at this great blog:

http://www.laobserved.com/

It may be time for the NY Times.

Rebecca Waring said...

And who ownes the Chicago Tribune? Viacom?? Rupert Murdoch? I'm happy to say that the Washington Post is still owned by the family that has owned it for almost 100 years. It can't last.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

ClearChannel and Walmart own America.

Meanwhile, why not get a subscription to the NY Times.

Since you are all bisexual, er I mean bi-coastal and all.

Maureen Dowd calls the NYT "The most fun you can have for a dollar!"

Cheers,

Mr. H.K.
Postcards from Hell's
Kitchen

And I Quote Blog

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Been thinking about this post...

The Village Voice has never been the same since a publisher bought it a few years ago. I never read it anymore.

Sad.