Monday, September 17, 2007

Premium LA

One Moment.

One Ride.

Saturday night, I was part of a sketch/show/happening/live venue thing in Hollywood with Bill Maher. I had a little singing thing to do in a mock evangelical choir. Bill Maher had a funny bit as a mock minister. A big fan, I am, of Bill M. But it’s not cool to bray in Hollywood. At one point during the evening, Bill stood across from me and we caught each other’s eye. I just acknowledged that he was present on earth. He returned the same look and seemed almost appreciative that I had the good sense to just be myself. It was very in the moment and I’m glad to have had it. Of course, I could be reading into it, but I don’t think so.

Sunday, a good friend of mine was in town from New York and she wanted to go to the beach to run and I was on my way to Santa Monica to see a play. I went with her in her car, pointed her toward the beach, saw the play and took the Rapid Transit 720 bus home along Wilshire Boulevard. The 720 bus is truly express and travels along the East-West spine, the busiest Boulevard in Los Angeles. I made it home in an hour. (A car would have taken about forty minutes at the most.) It was a very pleasant experience. I might be deluded, but I don’t think so.

2 comments:

the last noel said...

If there was a simple bus route that took me straight to work, I'd take it. I love the bus.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Bill Maher is appearing in Inside Deep Throat. A documentary on HBO this month...

Ahem.

Just sayin...