Thursday, September 20, 2007

What's New With You?

One expert said about a confirmed meteorite crash this past weekend in Peru, “When a meteorite falls, it produces horrid sounds when it makes contact with the atmosphere. It is as if a giant rock is being sanded.”

It is a wonder to me that more people throughout history have not been crushed to death by meteorites.

I used to have a saying when I was in my twenties, living in New York:
“Your mother smells. Like Meteorites.”

I loved the insult because of its ambiguity. Who the hell knows anything, really, about meteorites?

The idea that a meteorite sounds like a giant rock being sanded would be quite a horrid sound. It is horrid sounds, sounds that are completely unfamiliar to us, that surely cause the most fear. If I heard a giant rock being sanded, heading my way, I’d practically vomit. Apparently, over two-hundred people near the crash site fell ill. I bet it was from the new experience.

1 comment:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I would spray my Meteorite, if I had one, with Derek Jeter's new cologne...