Thursday, July 01, 2010

Canned Soup

We keep some cans of Trader Joe Soup around. Just in case. Tonight was a just in case night. It was late. I was hungry. I opened it, heated it up and ate it.

It must be poison.

Something about food that has been frozen in time in some can…how can that be good for you?

It was calories, I guess.

There were the little chicken chunks.

The little gummy noodles.

Some spice. Carrots grown in some pesticide field.

Chicken with chemicals, right?

What was this stuff that I just ate?

It had its day. And it will go away.

But really, must we ever eat this?

4 comments:

40licious said...

No, there are alternatives. In the time it takes to heat that soup up you could throw some miso or broth into a pan with water and add frozen shrimp and your wilted veggies and you are GOOD!

This is weird, the code for the Word Verification on this comment is "sadness."

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Ugh... Horrifying... I gave up on any meats in a can... Will still do bean soups... But gotta watch the Sodium on those... I keep a few on hand in case of emergencies... But those ones with meat??? You are a braver man than I!

Rebecca Waring said...

Canned food is good if you have a fallout shelter.

Don Cummings said...

Man--sadness makes total sense, Vanessa.