Wednesday, April 08, 2009

And I am Afraid

You watch this video—and you just have to laugh. Or think about it.

The third person, the young black woman in glasses, “And I am afraid.”

Come on! They couldn’t even get good actors!

You know, this little vidiot has the tone and feel of a Scientology promotion. I once went to the Scientology Center to do some research and they showed me a kind of orientation thing that was so silly and had that same feeling of “big earth doom” going on.

It makes you want to say that all conservatives and religious people have bad taste and are stupid.

But you don’t say that, because you want to be decent.

But it is hard to be decent when confronted with such hatred.

But then, you realize the hatred is not really hatred, it’s just fear.

And then you note, simply, that natural selection chooses against fearful primates.

So, these people who produced this vidiot and the actors who actually performed in it…I wish them well. They should not suffer. But they must also understand that a shrinking, fearful soul is a shrinking, fearful organism. In retreat. Bye bye.

4 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Yeah... just awful.

40licious said...

I'd put a 10-spot up that says at least three of these actors swings the other way ... I just kept wondering about the smug, self-righteous audition process. EEEECH.

Sally C said...

This is so Fd up! How does gay marriage affect their life? I need to know! I hope I don't bump into any of these folk because I would have to bump real hard!

Kelly said...

You must have seen Stephen Colbert's commercial in response to this by now, but in case you haven't:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/17/the-colbert-coalitions-an_n_188124.html