Thursday, April 09, 2009

Good Friday

I have this weird thing about Jesus. I would like to say that I am ambivalent, but I’m not. I mostly feel that Jesus was a mad man, like so many other mad men who thought they were the son of God. Asylums are full of them. Jesus’ great trick was that he was also highly functional, a carpenter and must have also been a brilliant narcissist, hiding it well.

Now this might sound a little hostile. However, I do not believe that a case of mild, strongly regulated schizophrenia mixed with high grade narcissism is necessarily a bad thing.

I could be wrong. Maybe he really was the son of some god. Okay. Sure. Have a nice day.

But this is the thing. Christianity codified a lot of human behavior. Right and wrong. And the system was a little simpler than the former codified systems…even the Jews’ monotheistic system was more complicated what with all the arguing over interpretation. I think I still hear them arguing.

A bunch of mortals needed rallying. They got it. They chose this guy to be the symbol of it. It was an evolution of culture. It keeps going.

Maybe the unifying goat God will bring things together—and we’ll go back to worshipping nature, but simply. That would be the next evolution. We are of it. We are it. No need to dissociate and then project.

Enjoy your peeps, ham and eggs. Those are eternal.

2 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

I believe Jesus is a son of God. I believe you are a son of God... I believe we are ALL sons/daughters of God...

George said...

I believe Jesus would have enjoyed peeps. Especially when the outer sugar coating is caramelized with an open flame. Peeps Brulee.